Every once in a while, I’m going to do an episode on the podcast called a “Time Capsule”. In my first installment, I went back to every year since I started youth ministry and picked a favorite movie (I know deeply spiritual and very practical to youth ministry).
|’97||Good Will Hunting|
|’98||Saving Private Ryan (hon. Truman Show)|
|’01||Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings|
|’02||Two Towers (hon. Catch Me if You Can)|
|’03||Return of the King (hon. Elf)|
|’06||Facing the Giants… (kidding) Blood Diamond|
|’07||Bourne Ultimatum (hon. Juno)|
|’10||The Social Network and Toy Story 3|
|’12||The Hunger Games|
|’13||12 Years of Slave|
|’14||Captain America Winter Soldier|
|’15||Star Wars: Force Awakens (hon. Inside Out, The Martian, Mad Max |
Fury Road… such a good year!)
MY OVERALL TOP 5:
- Lord of the Rings Trilogy (2001-03) It’s a cheat, but I count them all together.
- Saving Private Ryan (1998) I did not enjoy this movie, but man it moved and impacted me.
- Black Panther (2018) Imagine taking your 9 year old Ugandan born son to see this amazing movie (his first superhero movie in a theater), and I think you’d understand why it ranks so high
- Slumdog Millionaire (2008) So creative. So unique. India has always captured my heart.
- Happy Gilmore (1996) Come at me! I don’t care. The movie cracks me up and I quote it so often!